Sharp Home Appliances (who is called "Sharp" in this warranty) warrants that, for the warranty period, the Product or any part thereof that is proven to be defective for reason of mechanical or electrical failure, material or workmanship, we will at our sole discretion, either repair or replace any defective Product or part free of any charge covering labour, materials or carriage subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. This limited warranty extends only to you, the customer, as the end-user of the Product. You may have additional rights under applicable law. This limited warranty does not affect such rights.
2. The warranty period starts from the date on which you purchased the Product. You must notify your retailer, Sharp (or its authorised service company, details of which are available from the help-line number set out in section 12(i) below) of any defects as soon as possible after you have become aware of them. Please be aware that claims made after the warranty expiry date will not be valid.
3. This limited warranty is valid and enforceable in the countries of the European Union.
4. Proof of purchase is available on request
5. No consequential losses are covered
6. This limited warranty does not cover general cleaning and maintenance or the replacement of consumables, nor does it cover the performance or costs of any modification or adjustments which may be necessary to adapt the Product to meet any local technical or safety standards which are applicable in the country in which the Product is intended to be operated.
7. This limited warranty shall not apply in respect of the following:
8. All defective parts or Products, which have been replaced by Sharp during the warranty period, shall become the property of Sharp.
9. We reserve the right to charge for the expense of a service call if no fault has been found with the product after we have inspected it.
10. A repaired or replaced Products will be warranted for the balance of the original warranty period or for ninety days from the date of repair or replacement, whichever is the longer.
11. You are requested to keep your original proof of purchase, such as the receipt. You will need it to prove the date of purchase in respect of any warranty claims.
12. To make a claim pursuant to this limited warranty, please:
13. You may be required to pay the cost of returning any defective Product to Sharp, or the retailer or dealer from whom you purchased the Product. However, Sharp will pay the cost of delivering any repaired or replaced Product back to you.
14. The warranty is non transferrable to another customer.
15. Sharp Home Appliances will only consider warranty support on products purchased from an Authorised Dealer or Distributor, details of these can be obtained by writing to Customer Services.
This limited warranty is granted to you by Sharp Home Appliances, 1 Waterside Drive, Langley, Berkshire SL3 6EZ.